Thursday, February 16, 2012

It was inevitable

Last night I finally buckled. I sucked in to Pinterest. I had several invitations from people including Mr. O but had decided it was too cluttered and another time-sucker. Well. Mr O pointed out that it is also another avenue of self-promotion. That was all I needed to hear. I will say that I did not join without kicking and screaming a bit but it is kind of cool. Now I just need to get more than three of my paintings up there and stop pinning useless but lovely other things.

I am getting a little braver in the self-promotion dept. Yesterday I asked Jimmy Akingbola to tweet about my Etsy shop. It was kind of a reciprocal back scratching thing. He asked me in a DM to tweet about is event and I thought, hmmmm. Sure. But there is an Opportunity here. He is a sweety and always replies to my tweets so I went for it and almost immediately my stats jumped to double.  I definitely got the better deal as he has thousands of followers and I only have a handful.

So, now that the grand kitties are back with there "parents" I can get back to the studio and paint again. That is if Pinterest will let me. :/ And with that I must quote my friend Lee Monts here:

Lee A. Monts: I saw a poster that said "Being an artist is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet"!

No comments:

Post a Comment