Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Distractions, Christmas & Commissions

This week I was distracted but flying high on all the nice comments I got on Facebook regarding my "guest appearance" on Angela's Handsome Bob Podcast. Angela said I was a natural which at first made me blush as I never ever thought of myself as able to speak *in public*. Not that a podcast is exactly speaking in public but all the same it was strange to not feel nervous and I did enjoy it. Maybe it was the attention. I don't know. Normally I do not like being in the spotlight but it seems that I eat up attention these days since I spend most of my days alone with only myself and the internet to talk to. It is a challenge at times to "step away from the computer. As much as I hate to admit it I guess I get a bit lonely when I am not immersed in my work and throwing paint around or working on my Etsy shop.

I finally managed to step away and switch gears back to *watercolor Deb* to do a speculative commission. I am still waiting to hear if what I did was acceptable but I had fun doing it and it was a bit of challenge for me.

I am happy to say that all my Christmas shopping is done and it is not even December yet! I just have the usual *oh I think I will make so and so this* to work on and then I can relax and enjoy the holidays.

Now…if only I can coax some elves to come and decorate the house… back to the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment