Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Well, I finally did it...

Started this blog that is. It took me all day to set this thing up (I am a noodler). I look forward to sharing my artistic inspiration as well as news of my Etsy shop. You will find out about upcoming sales events (such as the 20% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale) here too. 

Bear with me while I get the hang of this though...blogging is new to this girl. ;)

Without further ado here are three of my latest paintings:

"Golden Gate"
(16x20 on watercolor canvas)
This is my first attempt at using watercolor canvas. It is very strange stuff. It is both horrible and wonderful at the same time. The horrible aspect is that while painting on the surface I find myself wanting to pitch it through a window. It doesn't behave in the same way as the Arches watercolor paper I have used for a gazillion years. However, it is forgiving in that you can virtually wash off any "uh ohs" and start again. I have found that I should not judge it until it is dry because like all watercolor painting, it has a mind of its own and sometimes knows what is best. I'm not abandoning Arches though it is fun to try something new now and then.

"Bonding at Bellows"
(9x14 Watercolor on 140# Arches)
This painting and the one below were commissions. I don't normally like doing commissions because I have to love the subject matter or I can't do it justice, but in this case I did love the images. The client is giving these to his wife for Christmas. This one is the beach where they were married hence the title.

"Poipu Perks"
(9x14 Watercolor on 140# Arches)



4 comments:

  1. Great new blog. Will be back often to see your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your work, and will be subscribing to your blog. Congrats, welcome, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole! I hope Chicago is going well. Love the "Walmart Family". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Congrats Deb! Beautiful look you've created!

    ReplyDelete