Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A lovely find

I am constantly amazed by the things I learn about via Twitter. This morning it is an App for the iPhone called "If Poems" 

I like it because some of the poems are read by Billy Nighy and Helena Bonham Carter but another nice thing is that part of the proceeds go to @SaveTheChildren. It's a great little app that not only lets you hear the poems but you can record your own as well and share them. I am still exploring it but was pleased to see that when I searched for a poem that was my grandfather's favorite ("Sea Fever") it was indeed there and read by the lovely Bill Nighy. Check it out.

And for those of you who know me well…Yes I am indeed wondering why Tom Hollander is not reading some of these poems. Perhaps in v2.0?

No comments:

Post a Comment