Sunday, July 29, 2012

Keeping up...

Lately I have found it a bit difficult to keep up here. As some of you know, two weeks ago I had some surgery which involved the removal of some basel cell skin cancer on my nose. Things are healing nicely though I still have to go back for some follow-up work on the reconstruction. I know this might be TMI but I say it by way of an explanation as to why I can't keep up with things. The recovery for all this is pretty taxing. But I will say no more about THAT.

Here are a couple of my latest paintings that had sadly been neglected because I could not muster up the energy to finish them until now. Actually that is not entirely the case. Hiking the Mist Trail had perplexed me (like it's sister Bridal Veil Creek) in that I got stuck and found myself looking at the paintings in process and scratching my head (Why did you do THAT?) as to how to finish them. But I am pretty happy with both now. Bright Creek Dawn is a made up place and part of my ongoing experimentation with the illusive Aquabord. I still like paper better but it is fun to play with new surfaces.

Hiking the Mist Trail, 12"x12" Watercolor on Arches 140# CP

Bright Creek Dawn, 6"x6" (original)  Watercolor on Aquabord.

No comments:

Post a Comment