Sunday, July 22, 2012

Raging, yet peaceful.

When I posted this over on the Facebook Design and Art Resource group James commented that it was peaceful but still raging (the water) and I took that as a huge compliment since that was the mood I was trying to convey in this. This painting almost didn't make the cut. I wrestled it into submission though after it begged me to keep going. At an early stage I think I must have been painting in my sleep because I looked at it one day and said "OMG. Why in the world did you do THAT?" But I persevered and now I think it is my current favorite. I hope you enjoy standing along the banks of "Bridal Veil Creek" in Yosemite National Park. Don't fall in though. That water is fast and cold! ;) 

Bridal Veil Creek, 12x26 watercolor on 140# Arches CP

P.S. Thank you James!

No comments:

Post a Comment