Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Greener Pastures

No, that is not a euphemism or a witty title for a profound post about going anywhere. It's just the title of my latest watercolor. But it IS a good title though I can't take credit for it. I owe that to my friend Barbara whom I've known for longer than we care to admit (ok, 5th grade) if only because it makes us feel old. I posted the painting on Facebook when I was at a loss for a title and it prompted a stream of interesting suggestions, many of which I almost used because they made me giggle. I think my favorite of those was a team effort between two people who don't even know each other with one posting her suggestion of "The Hills are Alive" (perfectly fine title) and the next friend posting "With the sound of mooing". I loved it. And since the painting is of countryside between Bath and Stonehenge there was a stream of bath-related titles that were amusing as well—some with a French twist such as Aprés Bath Vache. It was fun but I settled on Greener Pastures because it seemed to fit both the scene and my thoughts about England as well. And I guess when it gets right down to it I would love to head back to those greener pastures where the hills are alive with the sound of mooing.

And thank you Barb. xo

Greener Pastures

No comments:

Post a Comment